Wednesday, June 17, 2009

OB Appt :/


I knew this yucky appointment was coming and it was YUCKY! I had to do my glucose test which is no fun. I hate that nasty orange drink and I can't stand needles!! The lady actually did a great job though, I barely felt it! I passed my glucose test but my iron is low so I have to start taking iron and a vitamin C and then I have to have my iron checked again at 34 weeks, fun stuff! The baby looked great and had a heartbeat of 160 at first and then his heartbeat went down to the 150's. Now for the REALLY yucky part...my flippin' weight :( I have already gained 15 pounds!! What!? Okay I can't be that surprised...I eat soooooo bad. So so so bad. All I want is crap all the time and of course I give in. So, not to sound crazy but I am going to start watching what I eat starting Monday. My Mom is in town right now and we plan on doing a lot of yummy eating but as soon as she leaves I need to start at least watching my carbs and sugar intake. I SWEAR I am not going on a diet of any sort but I need to be a little more careful. I had initially gained 8 pounds at my last appointment a month ago but since then I have gained SEVEN. Are you serious?? I didn't start gaining like that until the last 2 months!!

On to things other than weight...I feel bad even worrying about it but I really do need to be more careful. The baby doesn't need junky greasy food or ice cream and chocolate all the time haha. Anyway, I have had 2 ultrasounds this pregnancy and both times I have measured different than my actual due date. So we ended up deciding to stick with my LMP date instead of my ultrasounds that were all over the place. So now for my REAL and TRUE due date, September 20th. There it is! NO more changes on that!!

3 comments:

Kira said...

hey girl, no more talk about you being fat...you are such a skinny minnie and look AMAZING! most girls would be super jealous of your perfect size. but seriously, I hear ya. i am always craving sugar and whatnot, luckily not so much the greasy foods this time. glad everything looks good with baby nolan. so if your due date is the 20th and mine is the 16th that makes us 26 days apart. ahhh! crazy exciting. isn't it coming SO FAST??

the watkins said...

What a cute belly. So yes, it probably is better to try to eat healthy... but remember once he is out then you really feel like you have to watch what you eat... so still enjoy it! I was seriously sad for the 1st month after that I couldn't just eat whatever and feel like I could live in stretchy pants anymore.

I can't believe you are so far along. It sure goes fast, when it's not you who is pregnant.

Kari said...

You look like you are all belly! Glad to hear things are going well!!!