Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Griff's New Room!




So I finally got a new camera yayyy! Hopefully I will still have time to blog when this babe finally gets here!

We moved Griff into his new big boy room a few weeks ago and it really isn't going that great :/ For some reason he needs one of us to lay with him until he falls asleep and it's getting ridiculous! I have even considered moving the kid back to his dang crib! He begs me not to but then why won't he just go to sleep like a normal child in the new room that he LOVES? We have NO clue. Maybe too many changes? Maybe he realizes a really big change is going to happen soon? Who knows. We both hate hearing him cry especially when he says our first names after saying Mommy and Daddy about 5 million times each. It's awful to hear "Kaaaaason" and "Juuuuuuulie" as he cries and wonders why we never answered to Mommy and Daddy. The worst is when he moves on to saying Mema and Pepa. Poor kid is also beginning to have nightmares and crying a scared little cry in the middle of the night. One of us will go in there and say "What's wrong?" and he tells us he is scared. Who knew the child even knew what "scared" meant?! He has dreams about scary tractors (thanks to the Cars movie) spiders and monsters. Lovely.

Hopefully we will get Griff figured out soon because Nolan is going to be here before we know it! I am almost 39 weeks and I am pretty sure once I hit 39 we will be taking him out. I have an appointment tomorrow so we will see how it goes! I am sooooo ready! Bags are packed, room is ready :)

6 comments:

Jaci said...

Julie you are so brave to put Griff in a big boy bed. I am so scared to do that with Emma. I am afraid she won't sleep... Good luck at the doc tomorrow. I am so excited for your new addition. Thanks for all your support!

shaunelle said...

I love the big boy room. I really like the wall. That is awesome!

Kira said...

that kid is so funny!! i would be so frustrated, too! such a cute room and so excited for nolan. that's funny griff is afraid of the tractors from cars. addies LOVES that movie, the only one she will watch!

Emily said...

CUTE room!! Our secret with Krew - we have a little TV and DVD player in his bedroom and he falls asleep watching a movie. This has worked awesome for us! He actually likes going to bed because he gets to pick a show to watch.

Unknown said...

WOW what an awesome room! :)

Kari said...

Ok. If he won't go to sleep because he is scared, each night before you put him to bed have you or Kason search his room to make sure the mean tractor isn't there. Then have a bottle of lotion - cover the label with a new label that says "Griff's Magic Lotion" - put some glitter in the lotion - mix it up - then tell him that this will give him super powers and protect him at night. Have him squirt some lotion in his hand and show him the glitter. That is the magic powers. Another trick is to put one of your shirts on a stuffed animal for him to sleep with so he can still smell you. Maybe even put a picture of you and Kason by his bed. Good luck!