We have had a super crazy drama filled week! Kason brought the swine flu home from his 4 wheeling trip with his family. Pretty sure Klint had it but we wouldn't have known it the day they left! Everyone seemed fine and healthy :)Oh well! These things can hit hard and fast! So Kason and Griff were exposed to H1N1 most likely on that trip. Griff never got it (crossing my fingers) but Kason got it really bad. It comes on very fast and is accompanied by a fever and severe body aches. Then it kind of goes into respiratory type symptoms and even some GI stuff. Kason is just now kind of feeling better but it has almost been a whole week of him being way sick. Poor guy.
Needless to say Griff and I have stayed healthy but poor little Nolan got it :( As soon as I noticed him with a fever I took him to see Doc B. He looked him over very thoroughly before deciding to admit him. His rapid test for H1N1 came back positive at his office as well as at the hospital after we got there. The hospital stay went okay. Nolan was a sad baby and they did a lot of awful, ouchie things to him. I left the room for all of them. Poor kid doesn't have a supportive Mommy when it comes to that stuff. But I was always there to rescue him as soon as they were done. The staff was great to us and took such good care of Nolan. The nurses had to get all suited up to come into the room. Bodies covered, masks on. I talked with a lot of the nurses about how many of their friends, family members and even themselves have had the swine flu. We talked about how it is being hyped up big time by the media, I agree. I have a feeling it has something to do with politics and our presidents ideas for health care but we won't go there ;)
Anyway, Nolan is home and fine. He is sick but he is taking something to keep him from getting sicker and I am on the same thing to prevent myself from getting sick. I need to be well to take care of my family! Nolan had 2 visitors in the hospital :) Maddy and Pepa. Maddy was my choice for the only visitor that Nolan was allowed to have and Pepa got a special exception (they let "church" people in for things like blessings, prayers, the sacrament) to be there so that he could give Nolan a Grandfather's blessing. It was a sweet blessing and it made both of us feel better. Maddy held Nolan while I took a much needed walk around the temple grounds and while I went to the "family room" at the hospital to receive the sacrament. Both were much needed after how hard this week has been for me. My next post will be something happy, Griff's little birthday party!
Oh and my little fat boy is almost 13 pounds and he is 23 inches long! Gained almost 4 pounds since birth (wow) and has grown 3 inches in not even six weeks, crazy!
5 comments:
Oh Julie! I can't believe he got it... even after you trying so hard to keep him home :( at least he's hopefully getting better! I sure hope you and Griff stay well. This swine flu is awful! I know SO many people who have it/getting it. Hopefully your little guy will come out of it fast, and will be healthy again soon!!
Oh - and Kason too :) Hope he's feeling ALL the way better SOON!
I am glad to hear he his doing better. Poor little guy. He is too young and little to be sick. good luck with everything.
That is so scary!!! I am so glad that you are all okay. I will keep you and your famiy in my prayers.
xxxx.
I'm so sorry! I hope you all get feeling better soon.
Post a Comment