Two year's ago a barely crying, red haired, sweet little boy entered our lives. It was such an amazing day the day Griffin was born. We had no clue that we would be getting our little boy. We didn't know the sex of the baby so we were all on pins and needles waiting to find out. I wasn't entirely sure but I really thought that out of my BIG belly would come a big healthy boy. Sure enough, out he came! After a 24 hour labor and two and half hours of pushing, there he was. He was perfect! Kason was the first to announce the sex to all of the people in the room and he was so proud. We were both so happy that we got our boy! We named him Griffin Robert.
Griffin you have been such a joy to us these past two years. You were the perfect baby, so content. You had the sweetest red hair and everyone that saw you commented on your hair color. You are now a sweet strawberry blonde and you have the greenest eye's, just like your Daddy. As far as looks go, you look just like your Mommy! You sailed through all of your milestones with ease and super early, I might add! You walked at 10 months and 2 weeks. After that there was no stopping you! You run everywhere you go. You amaze us with the things you remember and all of the words that you know. You have the cutest little dimple when you smile and you are always smiling. You LOVE Tractors of any kind, work trucks, Thomas the Train, the "train store" (Barnes and Noble), 4 wheelers, trailers, your blue "bumpy" blee blee (blanket, he refuses to call it anything else) and watching YouTube videos. You love helping your Daddy with any project that he is working on and you love going to the shop to "work" and see Pepa. You also love to ride the "heathcliff" (forklift) with your Pepa, who you adore. You love going to Mema's house because you know that she will play with you non-stop and give you all the popcorn you want, among other yummy snacks and treats. You adore your new little brother Nolan and you tell him all the time that he is your friend. You also tell him to get bigger so that he can play with you. You kiss him and love on him all the time and he watches you intently as you talk to him an inch from his face. I am sure you two will be great pals when you are older.
You have accumulated a few silly nicknames as well. They all started when I told you that your name was Griffin and I said , Okay say Griffin. You said so sweetly, "Pippy"! It was hilarious. You eventually said your name right but we still call you Pippy, Pipp, Pipsqueak, Pippen and Squeaker. Squeaker kind of comes from Pipsqueak and I call you Squeaker all the time! It's my favorite nickname for you. When we ask you what Mommy calls you, you say "Freaker". It makes me laugh out loud every time!
Griffin we love you. You are a great kid! You are so sweet, kind and tender and we love that about you. You have the best manners too. We hope you stay sweet and grow up to be an amazing boy and man. We are so thankful that you were sent to us unexpectedly because we wouldn't change it for the world. Happy 2nd birthday, Griffin!
The picture is of Griff counting his fingers trying to show that he is 2 :)
2 comments:
haha "Freaker"! i LOVE that!! I can't believe he's already 2... doesn't time just fly? He is so darling! I wish we were there to see him and Nolan grow... oh well. I guess blogging will have to do :)
Cute pic!
Post a Comment