Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Another Interesting Appointment....


30w4d

I went to my OB appointment this morning feeling great and ready to see what was new. Of course this pregnancy has been a tad interesting so why should it stop here? LOL. I did my urine sample and all was good. Then we went to measure my belly and check the heartbeat, my two favorite parts! Nolan's heartbeat was way lower than it normally is. He is usually around 150-160. This time it was 135 and the doctor was a little "iffy" about how low it was. He then went on to measure me and come to find out I am not measuring quite right, I am almost 2 weeks behind. I also haven't gained weight in a whole month, not a pound. I know I complained about my weight gain in one of my last posts but I honestly didn't change my eating habits since that post and I haven't been working out. So, measuring small and no weight gain made the doctor wonder a bit. Now I have to go to the doc every 2 to 3 weeks to see if this baby will grow and hopefully catch up. I am going on 31 weeks so measuring around 29 is a little on the small side. He moves a lot and I feel pretty good for the most part. I just hope he is healthy. Any insight or input on this would be GREAT! My Mom would like me to ask the doctor to at least give me an ultrasound or a non-stress test. I don't want to be that pushy patient who worries about everything but maybe I need to do more? I have no idea. Opinions are welcome!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Only at the very, very end of my pregnancy did I measure small- and that was just about a week behind- the hb was normal but I also had stopped gaining weight (i heard that was common in the end though!) anyways the doc said the combo of some protein in my urine along with the fact that the baby hadn't grown in a week that we should deliver- but like I said, this was the very end- I had Maeve at 39 weeks exactly. I am sure you're fine- if the docs really thought something was wrong they would've done a non stress test. My doc always says an active baby is a healthy baby! So as long as he's moving, I'd say its okay- and your docs are keeping an eye on the growth stuff. You might luck out and get a 6 pounder who won't break your back this time!! :)

Becky said...

I don't think it's being pushy to check on something if you're concerned! I hope everything is fine. You're just so tiny in the first place... Maybe see how the next appointment goes and decide from there if you want an extra test done.

Kari said...

I would go ahead and ask for an ultrasound if you want one. They can easily make a mistake measuring your stomache and ultra sound will give a better picture. There is no such thing as being pushy when it comes to your kids!

Garet and Amanda said...

I don't think it is being pushy at all to ask for an ultra sound. That is what I would want. Just to make sure everything is ok. and if you want a stress test I think that would be fine to. The doctor should do what you want to ease your nerves. Glad he keeps moving.

Josh and Nat said...

You look amazing Julie!